Our Family:
Grandma James (John's mom) came down for surgery, and since it was her birthday we made her favorite birthday cake (pineapple upside down cake). We were also invited to Aunt Florence's Birthday party in Saratoga Springs. Aunt Florence has been so kind to us. She use to invite us over for dinner and talk on Sundays, until her husband passed away. It was fun going there to support her, and to see some of the cousins. I (mom) took the kids down to school for "Parents and Pastries". The PTA hands out donuts and milk while we read books to our children. We also had SEP's {parent-teacher-conference} and it was difficult getting everything done by myself with all of the kids. Gavin, Maddie, and Hudson are doing so well and their teachers had great things to say about them! We are doing better with adjusting to our new schedules, and find joy in structure and school.
John: John is super busy with work. He was asked to help the school with their 25 year Anniversary celebration for Aviation. You helped people in and out of the airplanes, and talked to them about the airplane and the school. When you are done with work, you can usually just come home and relax. You enjoy watching watching tv or playing the Wii. You have a new home teaching companion-Kevin Schimpf and you have been really good about visiting your families. I am so proud of you for doing that! Our Honda Pilot stopped working, and thanks to your dad for buying a new battery, you were both able to fix it. Your cousin Jess Carlson also called and asked if you could drive to Provo to help fix his car. After a few hours in the rain, you were able to fix it. You are such a fix-it man, and I totally love it!
Lindsey: A few months ago I got a new calling to be in the Young Women's Presidency. I am the Secretary (and I absolutely love it!) I love everyone I work with, and I enjoy getting to know the girls a little bit better. I enjoyed BUNCO at Alicia Hansen's house, and I won pumpkin hand soap, a towel and a fall flower. It was really fun. I also enjoyed the Relief Society Broadcast at the Stake Center. I have been making book wreaths and sold three to my sister who is decorating for a wedding. I am making more just to see if anyone is interested. I also enjoyed going out to dinner for Jamie Hair's birthday and a short young women meeting. Most of all, I enjoy being with my family and helping the kids with their homework. Even though my stomach is constantly sick, I am grateful I can be home where my family is.
Gavin: You lost two more teeth this month. Thankfully your two front teeth are growing back in, because all of your teeth are gone. School keeps you super busy! You are gone from 8:15-3:45 Mon-Friday. You read 3 books every day and then work on your spelling words. You do VERY well on your spelling tests every Friday, and seem to understand the concept of reading and putting the sounds together. You don't have a lot of time to play with friends after school, but you seem content playing with our family. :) Right now you love PokeyMon cards, playing on the monkey bars, and eating school lunch. You are such a big helper around the house and look forward to Family Home Evening on Monday. Your favorite thing to do right now is the Treat and the Game. You are not only learning how to read and write, but you are learning about the gospel. You are respectful to others, and help those in need. You are such a good brother and friend!
Maddie: You love sitting on the bus with Madison and Lexi. You love reading, writing and drawing. You also read 3 books a day, write in your ABC book, and do an activity in your homework folder. You are becoming a really good reader, and continue to catch on things quickly. You try to be the "little mother" at home and tell everyone what to do. Dad and I have to gently remind you, that you are "not the boss". :) Your hair is growing longer, and your curls are curlier than ever! Getting you ready for school in the morning is really easy. Thank goodness for that! You love helping me in the kitchen, and ask what you can do to help. You love drawing pictures, playing with your hello kitty, and playing "make believe". You love spinning in circles and pretending to be a ballerina. Hopefully we can put you in dance class around January.
Hudson: You love Kindergarten, and you love Mrs. Holt! You come home and tell me that she says, "Your best is good enough" and I think that's a good motto for all of us to follow. You love riding the bus, and you love learning how to read. When you come home from school we read 3 books, practice writing a letter in your alphabet book, and do an activity in your homework folder. I am so glad I put you in Kindergarten this year, it's exactly what you needed! And you are doing so awesome! Sometimes you like to play with friends, but you mostly like to stay home with me (mom) to see what I am up to. Right now you enjoy waiting for when Gavin comes home so you can play with him. I have no complaints about that though! :) You are one smart cookie and a love bug to say the least!
Suzi: You are adjusting well to Joy School, and seem to enjoy it the more you go. Every time I leave, I tell you I will come right back to get you. You didn't believe me at first, but now you are getting use to the concept. We have been potty training you for a month or two, and you are doing very well. You still don't understand the concept of going #2 in the toilet, but you wear your big girl panties and love to show them off. You love your blanket, baby, and baby stroller. You push that around the house all day. You still take a nap during the day-ranging from 45 minutes to 2 hours, and go to bed at 8 pm. Whenever we are in public, a lot of people stop me to tell me how beautiful you are. You have a natural ability to make others laugh and get their attention. Your birthday is coming up and I asked you what kind of cake you wanted. You said, "A pancake!" You are such a sweetie.
October 6, 2013
September 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment