I had a strong feeling to take
Suzi into the eye doctor.
(A feeling I hope to have
that will never go away).
...I just noticed that her eyes were
not working together, and that
her right eye seemed dominate
over the left eye.
Even though her pediatric doctor
said she was okay,
I still felt like I needed to take her in.
On Friday November 8, 2013
John and I took our sweet Suzi into
the eye doctor.
It was there that she was
diagnosed with
Posterior Subcapsular Polar
Cataract in her left eye.
She will need eye surgery
as soon as we can figure things
out with our insurance
and the scheduling with the
hospital.
 |
| Suzi with her "new glasses" |
 |
| Maddie.Suzi.Hudson |
 |
Gavin.Maddie.Suzi.Hudson They are the best buddies!
John and I were pleasantly surprised how well Suzi did with her first vision appointment. At first she wanted to sit on my lap in "the chair" while the nurse checked her vision to look at the pictures on the screen. But then when we moved into Dr. V's office, Suzi wanted to sit all by herself! He put her up to the big eye machines where she looked through and he studied her eyes. She did everything he asked her to do and sat really still. Dr. V wanted me to hold her while they put eye drops in, and they were all surprised that she didn't even make a peep. She was such a strong little girl!
...And the glasses were to protect her eyes from the light.
We are feeling a little anxious but calm for the most part. We hope you will remember our sweet Suzi in your prayers! |
No comments:
Post a Comment