October 24, 2013

sweet baby corbyn


Isn't he the cutest little guy ever?


Baby Corbyn passed away unexpectedly 
this past week on October 18, 2013. 
He just had his first birthday.
My heart truly goes out to our cousins
Brock and Krystle Cordingley.

When I heard the news on the Facebook, I decided to look on their Facebook and look more closely at the pictures they had of their family. To my surprise, they had a lot! And they were all so cute. My mommy heart just ached for them. My mind turned to a video I just found of a young girl  {Millie Flamm}who just passed away from cancer. I watched it over and over again, and found strength by watching their family interact with each other and the happiness that radiated from their faces. It reminded me again that I CAN DO HARD THINGS. I also thought of a sweet mother, Ashley Sullenger whose blog I have followed for a few years now. Her daughter passed away from an accidental drowning, and she inspires me with her strength, insight, perspective, and experiences. I have learned so much from her. My mind turned to a post she had written-about what others had done for her for the funeral. I got on Ashley's blog and searched for that post. I finally found it and the one thing that stuck out in my mind-is that someone had made her a video of Preslee for the funeral and then made copies for others to get if they wanted. A strong feeling came over me, that I needed to do that for Brock and Krystal. I was nervous though, because I had never made a video by myself. I knew however, that I knew most of the basics because I realized a month ago we had the program on our computer-and I had been playing around with it. After asking for permission, I downloaded pictures from Krystle's Facebook page and started working on it whenever I had the chance. I listened to music over and over again, trying to find the right music that fit. I listened to each word, how I felt, if it went with the pictures, etc. In my opinion, that was the hardest part. I didn't want to put anything on the video that would take away from this perfect little man, or have the lyrics say anything that might hurt those who were suffering from his loss. I found myself praying over and over again for the spirit to guide and help me to know what to do. When I finally completed the video {it took me about two days} and  got to the point to download it, my heart was filled with so much JOY. Just like those who helped Ashley, I decided to burn videos for them to pass out to their loved ones. And I really hope they will. :) 
I can honestly say that creating this video strengthened my testimony about my Savior Jesus Christ, how Families truly can be Together Forever, and how Cobyn is living with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ for the eternities. I am so grateful for this knowledge, and I am grateful that my family has this understanding too {even though it's hard}. I have found this experience to be a missionary opportunity to share the gospel, to strengthen testimonies, and to sit back and analyze my own life in what is important and what is not.
Corbyn is truly a gift to us...
whether we new him really well or not.
He is bringing others unto Christ,
and helping our family on earth
become closer together.



You can find the video I made

No comments:

Post a Comment