September 28, 2013

our {sweet} family






This year we had our pictures taken by
my friend Kaydee Ivers.
We went to the Red Barn
{in Santaquin}
in the Orchards.
We have lived around
orchards for the
past three years
and it's a beautiful place to be.

I am so happy with how
all of our pictures turned out.
I feel like Kaydee captured everyone's
personalities, and the coloring
and lighting is gorgeous!
I am so grateful we have them.
. . .

{A side note}
I had originally asked Kaydee
to take individual pictures
of the kids, because I wanted
to do that instead of buying
school pictures.
She then asked if I wanted
to have family pictures
and I said in all honesty,
{and trying to joke}
"Only if you hide me behind everyone
else and photo shop my face."
...I then told her,
"No thank you"
and that we would see
her in a couple of days.

I couldn't get
that conversation out
of my head,
and I finally came to the
conclusion that we needed
a family picture together.
...Even though I wasn't
at the weight I wanted to be,
or looked the way I wanted to.
{I know, it's bad. Huh}

Now that we have
the pictures back,
and I can see us all together...
all of the worries I have about
myself seem to fade away
and it helps me understand
what is truly important.
I have felt peace and joy
about myself {for the first time}
and over the course of a week
am realizing I can find
joy in the condition I am
in right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment